Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Little Gratitude

To the friend who gave me a bottle of Chateau Lalande-Borie from '99:  It went down beautifully.  I especially liked the ghost of menthol that lingered in the finish.

To the friends who came for dinner and brought dessert.

To the friend with whom I devised the Slinger at Rooster, which has now reached epic status and gained national press.  And to the cooks I do not know who continue to make that gravy the right way.

To the cat, for refusing to go to bed, which reminded me to start that critical load of laundry.

To the day, which in wearing me down, has polished some new facets of my self.

Thank you.


Would you tell me one thing you have to be grateful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The many varied and thoughtful minds that I have encountered over the years, yourself included, who have influenced my own sense of what it means to be kind and thoughtful.